My Dad always tells me that when he was a kid if the President was on TV then your night was shot. If your what passes as normal in this country than you'll also probably find the speech tonight pretty boring so I've decided to help you out. Here's a list of things you can do during the speech to keep from losing your mind.
- Read the State of the Union initiatives at WhiteHouse.gov.
- Count how many times the speech is interrupted by applause.
- Play State of the Union Bingo at Democrats.org.
- Visit MSNBC's special State of the Union section.
- Watch for the next "kiss of death".
- Take you pick of the Wonkette or Mother Jones SOTU drinking games.
- Go invest in companies producing ethanol.
- Enjoy Brian William's distraction from the D.C. happenings- this list of new words for 2007 that appeared on wired.com.
- Be glad your not on a plane to D.C. since they are closing off 3,000 square miles of airspace during the speech.
Or you could just watch something else. Don't forget that we've got cable now.